Monday, August 28, 2006

Car trouble

My poor sister-in-law had some car trouble recently which reminded me that I almost missed out on medical school because of car trouble. It was the first day of med school. If you didn't show they gave your most coveted, hard-earned spot away. I was carpooling with my friend, the future neurologist. She said suddenly, oh my god there's smoke! I thought what poor shmuck's car was breaking down. I said who's car? Where? Then I started looking around, who's car is smoking??? Then I saw oh! It's my car. Yikes!

We pulled over. Called my infamous bug killer and the "house is on fire" babu and the medical school people. The bug killer took care of the car, the "house is on fire" babu came and rescued us and took us to school, the medical school people didn't give our spots away. (Aside, hyper-human had already become a reality, but not so much as pastrami sandwich reality, that was later.)

On graduation day, my friend, the future neurologist, and I carpooled again. This time she drove. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home